Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Re: SBR.GEN.AUTH.004, location: 1

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 806

Replies 2

After running Prelodge validation for my SMSF annual return, I receive this error message 'Confirm the correct Auskey has been selected for this lodgment (SBR.GEN.AUTH.004, location: 1)'.

The drop-down box for 'Select your Auskey credential' indicates the family super fund, and its non-individual trustee. Both have the same password. 

I have selected the credential for the non-individual trustee, not the family super fund. Is that correct? In fact, it is only this one of the two that generates contact with the ATO (and the error message). 

Any assistance to track-down the glitch would be very welcome (hopefully before midnight 28 Feb!).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Initiate

Replies 1

Solved:

It transpires that I had sought to use the auskey of the smsf trustee company instead of the family trust. And, the auskey of the family trust had expired!

After obtaining a new auskey for the family trust and using it to complete the tax return, validation and then lodgement was successful :-)

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Best answer

Initiate

Replies 1

Solved:

It transpires that I had sought to use the auskey of the smsf trustee company instead of the family trust. And, the auskey of the family trust had expired!

After obtaining a new auskey for the family trust and using it to complete the tax return, validation and then lodgement was successful :-)

Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

Hey @Hunnoms, it's great to hear that you fixed everything and lodged your return! Thanks for letting us know. Smiley Happy