Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

STP returning errors for invalid email addresses since last week

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

Newbie Registered Tax Practitioner

Views 1185

Replies 3

Hi All

I have been lodging STP reports since July without issue, however since last week, I am now getting errors back relating to invalid email addresses.

PAYEVNT for Company NAA Maximum Severity Code: Partial

PAYEVNTEMP Error for Employee 123-44556: Email Address contains invalid text (A text character must be one of the following: A to Z a to z 0 to 9 ! @ $ % & * ( ) - _ = [ ] ; : ' " , . ? / or a space character.)

Upon review of the affected employees (this is common across all entities reported) they all contain apostrophes. eg O'brien or O'rielly etc, no details have been changed and are the same as previously accepted files.

Has any else had this issue come up in the last week, should I be concerned that the files are not being received by the ATO as they should?

Thanks 

Grant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @GrantAndersen,

Thank you for your patience! We realise that it’s taken a long time to provide a response, and we apologise for the delay.

The cause of this error is an invalid character (usually a space) in an employee’s email address.

You will need to review employees email addresses and ensure all characters are valid. Then you will need to confirm the employees Year to Date figures reported in your software are correct.

If you keep experiencing this error we recommend contacting your software provider as they will need to provide assistance with loading the correct data to us.

You may also like to refer our troubleshooting guide on our website.

If you have further questions, phone us on 13 28 66 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak to a customer service representative.

I hope this helps, SueO

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @GrantAndersen,

Thanks for getting in touch. We've reached out to our experts to ask for additional assistance, and we hope to get back to you in the next couple of days. We really appreciate your patience while we look into this further.

Thanks, @AmandaE

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @GrantAnderson,

I am following up your question with our STP experts,  thanks for your patience whilst I attempt to get this question answered for you.

Thanks@JodieM

Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @GrantAndersen,

Thank you for your patience! We realise that it’s taken a long time to provide a response, and we apologise for the delay.

The cause of this error is an invalid character (usually a space) in an employee’s email address.

You will need to review employees email addresses and ensure all characters are valid. Then you will need to confirm the employees Year to Date figures reported in your software are correct.

If you keep experiencing this error we recommend contacting your software provider as they will need to provide assistance with loading the correct data to us.

You may also like to refer our troubleshooting guide on our website.

If you have further questions, phone us on 13 28 66 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak to a customer service representative.

I hope this helps, SueO