ATO Community

Security of client information

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Views 598

Replies 1

1.In the webcast today, we are told that we will in June be able to see an audit log which shows us when people access information. Rather than finding out afterwards, how can I limit the times my staff can access client information? This is a proactive approach rather than find out afterwards and go into damage control. 

2. If I do find an employee has inapproirately accessed client information, apart from ceasing their employment, is there anything I can do to recover the costs of damage control and payment for losses? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @JudithSearle 

This is something we are looking into in order to secure your client data.

In the meantime, if you suspect someone has fraudulently accessed client information or transacted on behalf of your organisation where they shouldn’t have, we have measures in place to find out who it was and provide logs of relevant transaction to help with investigations.

In relation to your second question that is something you would need to discuss with a legal profesisonal.

Thanks, NateH

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @JudithSearle 

This is something we are looking into in order to secure your client data.

In the meantime, if you suspect someone has fraudulently accessed client information or transacted on behalf of your organisation where they shouldn’t have, we have measures in place to find out who it was and provide logs of relevant transaction to help with investigations.

In relation to your second question that is something you would need to discuss with a legal profesisonal.

Thanks, NateH