Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Single Touch Payroll deferral request

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Initiate

Views 1172

Replies 1

Hello,

I would like to know how to deferral of Single Touch Payroll.

One of our clients has to report STP but it is still pending due to IT issue. (Currently they are using MYOB Advance)

It would be appreciated if you can advise of how to extend of Single Touch Payroll report.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @jamiejunmoklee

Given you mentioned MYOB, you might want to check if they already have a deferred start date for your product. That is, if your payroll software provider will not be ready, they will be able to provide you with a deferral reference number from us and a new date to start reporting using STP.

Otherwise, if your software is ready, but you're not, you'll need to apply to the ATO for a deferred start date.

These pages on the ATO website should help:

Apply for more time if you need it

Single Touch Payroll deferrals

JF

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @jamiejunmoklee

Given you mentioned MYOB, you might want to check if they already have a deferred start date for your product. That is, if your payroll software provider will not be ready, they will be able to provide you with a deferral reference number from us and a new date to start reporting using STP.

Otherwise, if your software is ready, but you're not, you'll need to apply to the ATO for a deferred start date.

These pages on the ATO website should help:

Apply for more time if you need it

Single Touch Payroll deferrals

JF

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.