Announcements
Curious about the JobMaker Hiring Credit? Have a read about who is eligible and how to register.

ATO Community

Super Guarantee Charge Statements

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

I'm new

Views 649

Replies 1

Hello

We've been using STP since 1/7/18 and use Xero.

While all Superannuation Contributions are paid via Xero, the ATO has no record of any superannuation payments we have made. Meaning we now have to provide SGC Statements covering the last 12 months. A very timely exercise when we have been compliant.

I've been on the ph for hours trying to seek help, a reprieve from this extra reporting and a solution to make sure our software provider is compliant on our behalf.

The 6 Customer Service Assistants I've spoken to over the last 2 days have been lovely, but none able to help me.

Looking for a fix

Kind Regards

Clare

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ClareP,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had this experience with the ATO!

I'll try to help as best I can, but if you could clarify a few things I might be able to better assist.

• Are you able to review your reporting history from within Xero and see if there is any record of failed submissions or rejected reports?
  • Could it be that your software is reporting the obligations but something has gone awry with the payment methods?
  • Have you been reporting the superannuation obligations via STP as well as via your chosen reporting method? (See the rules of reporting through Single Touch Payroll)

Depending on the situation, there's a couple of different things that could be causing the issue. Generally speaking, as long as you have evidence to show that you have been paying your superannuation obligations on time, we should be able to help.

Please let me know if you are able to provide me with any additional information regarding the above questions.

Thanks,

Rachael B.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ClareP,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had this experience with the ATO!

I'll try to help as best I can, but if you could clarify a few things I might be able to better assist.

• Are you able to review your reporting history from within Xero and see if there is any record of failed submissions or rejected reports?
  • Could it be that your software is reporting the obligations but something has gone awry with the payment methods?
  • Have you been reporting the superannuation obligations via STP as well as via your chosen reporting method? (See the rules of reporting through Single Touch Payroll)

Depending on the situation, there's a couple of different things that could be causing the issue. Generally speaking, as long as you have evidence to show that you have been paying your superannuation obligations on time, we should be able to help.

Please let me know if you are able to provide me with any additional information regarding the above questions.

Thanks,

Rachael B.