Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Superannuation rollover

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

Views 949

Replies 1

I have a few questions and comments regarding my superannuation and below is the summary of the information I wish to present:
 - I'm turning 55 on Sunday which presents options for what I am able to do with my super but I will not reach preservation age until I am 59 in 4 years from now.
 - My Military super consists of Employer contributions totaling approx 204K and my contributions which is known as, members benefit, of approx 46K. Approx 170k of theemployer contribution earns the rate of CPI and the remainder at a balanced fund rate which it is invested in. 
 - I have another super fund, Australian super, with contributions by some of my previous employers on my behalf of approx 13.5k   
 - Commencing on 6 Jan 2019, Military super has permitted me the following options:
Take the Employer contribution as an indexed pension of approx 17k per year and preserve the Member benefit of 46K which will continue to grow in a high growth fund until preservation age
Take 50% or greater of the employer benefit as a pension and preserve the remaining employer benefit and the member benefit which would continue to grow as applicable.
Roll over the employer benefit and /or the member benefit to another authorized fund (Australian super), thereby consolidating all funds into one account until I reach preservation age, at which time I can decide where to put funds next.

I would consider rolling over both the Employer and Member benefit provided there were no/no significant tax implications.

Could you please provide me advice as appropriate as to whether tax is payable for either component (Employer and Member benefit) rolled over and what the tax implications would be?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @DennisDoherty,

We've provided a response on your other post.

Thanks, NicM.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @DennisDoherty,

We've provided a response on your other post.

Thanks, NicM.