Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Tax assessment outcome

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Views 1309

Replies 3

my tax assessment showed as "in progress" in status and "balancing account" in outcome yesterday, but today it is showing back to "processing" in outcome? How come this has gone back a step if so? Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Ebonyalba05,

Welcome to the Community.

You can find more information on the stages your tax return will move through in our article Tax Time: Where’s my tax return? Explaining timeframes, ‘processed’ and ‘effective’ dates and balanc....

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks, NicM.

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Ebonyalba05,

Welcome to the Community.

You can find more information on the stages your tax return will move through in our article Tax Time: Where’s my tax return? Explaining timeframes, ‘processed’ and ‘effective’ dates and balanc....

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks, NicM.

Devotee

Replies 0

It sounds like normal processing stages of your return. If it is still in service standards I wouldn’t worry about it yet.

Replies 0

Check your Income Tax Account 551

It will tell you if your account is in DR with a description EFT Refund