Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Tax for Uber eats

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 1075

Replies 2

Hello, I’ve been driving for Uber eats for a week and have just been paid I also have a full time job. I’m just wondering do I have to pay tax for my Uber eats driving and how?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Shaniah2511,

Welcome to our Community!

Further to the information @JamesF has provided - you can check out our guide on Driving for UberEats/Deliveroo/Menulog - how do I manage my tax? for more information.

If you have further questions, you can phone us on 13 28 66 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator.

Thanks, JodieH

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Shaniah2511 

When you use sharing economy platforms like Uber Eats you're providing services for a fee so you need to keep records of all assessable income and deductible expenses and declare them in your tax return. You also need to consider whether you need to register for GST and pay GST on payments you receive.

There are several answered threads on this forum directly related to Uber Eats drivers (you can find them by using the search box). Here's an example with an answer from the ATO:

You can find more information to help you on the ATO website here:

JF

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Shaniah2511,

Welcome to our Community!

Further to the information @JamesF has provided - you can check out our guide on Driving for UberEats/Deliveroo/Menulog - how do I manage my tax? for more information.

If you have further questions, you can phone us on 13 28 66 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator.

Thanks, JodieH