Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Tax free threshold

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

Views 723

Replies 1

Hi, 

I am a nurse working for multiple agencies and casual employers, I do not work for all of them at the same time, and some only a few shifts a year. My annual income will be around $45000. Is it okay to claim the tax free threshold for all the employers? I seem to have paid more tax than necessary this financial year so far. Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Eliz

Thanks for getting in touch. You're entitled to claim the tax free threshold on the first $18,200 you earn each year. If you claim the threshold from more than one employer at a time, you are more likely to end up with a tax bill at the end of the financial year.

Read our How much tax should I pay on a second job? Claiming the tax free threshold. article to find out more about claiming the tax free threshold when you have multiple employers.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Eliz

Thanks for getting in touch. You're entitled to claim the tax free threshold on the first $18,200 you earn each year. If you claim the threshold from more than one employer at a time, you are more likely to end up with a tax bill at the end of the financial year.

Read our How much tax should I pay on a second job? Claiming the tax free threshold. article to find out more about claiming the tax free threshold when you have multiple employers.

Thanks