ATO Community

Thai National United Nations Retire

Ask a question

This post has been archived. Please start a new discussion thread.


Views 264

Replies 0

Hi my partner is a Thai citizen and employee of the United Nations for over 25 years. He has lived and worked all over the world but never Australia.  He is considering retiring in Australia with me as my partner. ( i am australian citizen) but are concerned about his UN pension fund (monthly pension and lump sum) being taxed in Australia. What are the rules around this.

Can he leave his money in his overseas fund or must he bring to Australia as a future resident temporary or permanent?

Help thanks!

Top Solution Authors