Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

What do you think of ATO Community avatars?

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Former Community Support

Views 1104

Replies 20

We’re refreshing the look and feel of ATO Community and we'd love to know what you think about avatars, aka the little picture next to your username. Colour? Cats? Coffee? Don't mind either way?

Drop a comment below to let us know what avatars you prefer and why.

Community-avatar-options.png

20 REPLIES 20

Former Community Support

Replies 6

Devotee

Replies 4

I love the cat with the blue background Cat LOL

@NicolaATO wrote:

Love to get your thoughts @DuncanS @KatieAcacia @macfanboy @Biggiesmalls @Bruce4Tax @TaxedoMask @wonka5 @SM2304 @MCA_Accountants @Glenn4802

Devotee

Replies 0

I love the cat too! 

Bright is good, but too colourful feels kind of distracting, very old school.  The old ones have been around for a while. Maybe time to make them a little more modern????

I like the first couple.  If I had to pick I guess its the first one cause the cat is very cool. 

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Thanks @KatieAcacia @Iheartrefunds! What do you like about the cat? Is it the expression, colour? They look proud as punch about their tax knowledge, hey.

Devotee

Replies 1

I like the blue background, but mostly it is the smug look on the cats face.

It is a bit odd that the Avatars are so limited. Why not have them all available? I wouldn't mind seeing more stylised animals eg. some iconic Aussie animals like koalas etc. Also, why not have the option of the Avatars with different colour combos? eg. The same cat, but with different background colours and different foreground colours.

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Love all the ideas @KatieAcacia, a koala and echidna would be fun. Thank you, have a good weekend Smiley Happy

Devotee

Replies 0

Thanks @NicolaATO  for the call out. 

I have to say I like the first lot the best. I use this for work chat mainly so I guess I want to use something semi smart looking. But I'm looking for a middle aged bloke in the final set.

Taxicorn Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 2

Not keen on any of them apart from the cats.

Somewhat disturbing when males use female avatars, and vice versa.

Do we even need avatars ?   -  after all, we are not doing Dungeons & Dragons.

Maybe we need a policy statement on what avatars are trying to achieve?

Is skin colour really necessary?  -  bit incomfortable about that. 

Look what happened to the Dr Zeuss books  -  they would knock off half the avatars straight off.

Maybe mine should be DEATH from Discworld  -  because I am often bringing bad news, but it is not personal.

Or a green eyeshade, although I have never ever worn one.

All the figures are too young for my age, but I don't have a beard.

Cars might be good  -  I could go for that !

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Thanks @Bruce4Tax! Sounds like they don't make a huge difference to your experience but you'd be keen to see less people and more cars - is that because it would feel more anonymous? Or because you feel that people bring more complexities like you've mentioned - age, diversity, gender etc. 

Re: Death from Discworld, we all know there's two certainties in this world...