Announcements
Curious about the JobMaker Hiring Credit? Have a read about who is eligible and how to register.

ATO Community

downsizing, what is it?

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

I'm new

Views 852

Replies 2

i tried looking on ato website for information about down sizing but i cant find anything anywhere. Is downsizing a 'thing?' Where can i find more information? I've heard people talking about it and it might be really good for mum but i just cant find any good info

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @SupgeeU,

Thanks for getting in touch!

The downsizer measure was introduced from 1 July 2018 for individuals who are 65 years old or older and meet the eligibility criteria to make a contribution to their super of up to $300,000 from the sale of their home.

To be eligible, an individual needs to answer yes to all of the eligibility criteria. You can find information about eligibility and the downsizer measure on our website.

Thanks, JodieH.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @SupgeeU,

Thanks for getting in touch!

The downsizer measure was introduced from 1 July 2018 for individuals who are 65 years old or older and meet the eligibility criteria to make a contribution to their super of up to $300,000 from the sale of their home.

To be eligible, an individual needs to answer yes to all of the eligibility criteria. You can find information about eligibility and the downsizer measure on our website.

Thanks, JodieH.