Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

free tax holder

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

Views 726

Replies 1

Actually I have a ABN, because I'm sole trader (carpet cleaner), but from now in meantime I need to mix my time free like Uber driver. Can I mix the two activities with de same ABN? what hapen with carpet cleaning business (free tax holeder), How I can upgrate for GST?

Than kyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @JorgeC,

Welcome to our Community!

If you're a sole trader you can use the same ABN number to run multiple business activities, e.g. carpet cleaner and Uber driver.

However, if you're a sole trader and you're require to be registered for GST for one activity you'll need to collect/report GST for all your businesses. You'll be entitled to claim any GST credits you've incurred through your business in a Business Activity Statement (BAS).

You can register for GST online if you're registered for the Business portal or by phoning us on 13 28 66 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak directly with an operator.

Thanks, JodieH.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @JorgeC,

Welcome to our Community!

If you're a sole trader you can use the same ABN number to run multiple business activities, e.g. carpet cleaner and Uber driver.

However, if you're a sole trader and you're require to be registered for GST for one activity you'll need to collect/report GST for all your businesses. You'll be entitled to claim any GST credits you've incurred through your business in a Business Activity Statement (BAS).

You can register for GST online if you're registered for the Business portal or by phoning us on 13 28 66 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak directly with an operator.

Thanks, JodieH.