Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

work test superannuation

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Views 637

Replies 1

I have a casul job, and as a one off thing, I went interstate to work, and the travel time was paid.

Because of that work, I did 40 hours in a 30 period, however, some of that is the paid travel time.

Am I  eligible to contribute to superannuation under that arrangement?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Dianne,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you're 65 years of age or over but not yet 75, the trustee of your super fund decides whether they can accept a personal contribution from you and whether you meet the work test.

Generally, if you completed 40 hours of paid work within a 30 day period you'd meet the work test . However, it's recommended to discuss whether you satisfy meeting the work test directly with your super fund.

Thanks, JodieH.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Dianne,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you're 65 years of age or over but not yet 75, the trustee of your super fund decides whether they can accept a personal contribution from you and whether you meet the work test.

Generally, if you completed 40 hours of paid work within a 30 day period you'd meet the work test . However, it's recommended to discuss whether you satisfy meeting the work test directly with your super fund.

Thanks, JodieH.