Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Ato-held

I'm new

Views 397

Replies 2

Hi i transfered my ato-held super to my nominated super fund but its still showing its not in and now my super balance is showing 0 balance when i had over 3000 in ato-held super
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jackson1,

Thanks for reaching out.

When did you transfer the ATO-held super out?

The process isn't immediate, so we might have received your request and have begun the process but it won't show in your account for a couple of days.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jackson1,

Thanks for reaching out.

When did you transfer the ATO-held super out?

The process isn't immediate, so we might have received your request and have begun the process but it won't show in your account for a couple of days.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Superuser

Replies 0

Hi @Jackson1,

I would assume your transfer request is currently being prepared for transfer to your chosen fund hence why you can't see the credit on MyGov.

When you can see via our online services that you have 'ATO-held super', we could be holding that super for a number of reasons. It includes amounts paid by employers, super funds, retirement savings accounts (RSA) or the government on your behalf.

When you request a transfer of ATO-held super to your nominated fund, the transfer isn't instant. It depends on why we are holding the super for you as to when it will be transferred to your fund.

We generally make payments to funds via electronic funds transfer (EFT) or bulk cheque. Most are issued monthly, some twice a month and some fortnightly. Generally most are allocated to the fund within 28 days. You then need to give your fund time to process it.

Please visit our ATO-held super page for further information.

Hope this helps!