Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Co-contribution from joint account

Views 74

Replies 2

Hi, I want to put a contribution into my superfund so I can get the government co-contribution amount. I am eligible and earn under the amount specified. I read that the contribution must come from my bank account to be eligible. What do I do if I only have a joint bank account? I read it must come from my account and not my partners. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Enthusiast

Replies 1

Hi CazP3,

Welcome to ATO Community!

Similar to an earlier post, as long as you meet the co-contribution eligibility criteria, a payment to your fund from a joint account can be a personal contribution and count towards that requirement of the eligibility criteria.

There is also nothing to indicate on the ATO website that a personal contribution must come from a bank account held by only one person.

All the best!

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Enthusiast

Replies 1

Hi CazP3,

Welcome to ATO Community!

Similar to an earlier post, as long as you meet the co-contribution eligibility criteria, a payment to your fund from a joint account can be a personal contribution and count towards that requirement of the eligibility criteria.

There is also nothing to indicate on the ATO website that a personal contribution must come from a bank account held by only one person.

All the best!

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

Replies 0

Thank you 😊