This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• 59 Online
  • 9186 Members
  • 14616 Posts

Re: Compassionate grounds Application status- Finalised(definition)

Initiate

Views 152

Replies 4

Hi there ,

I have applied for compassionate grounds online and I can see the status of my application is FINALISED, however I can't see any outcome or letter from ATO if it's approved or not. I did checked my myGovinbox but I did not receive any notifications or letters from ATO regarding the finalised Application of compassionate grounds. If it is approved so where can I find the letter for approval of releasing the fund from my super? I need that letter for my superannuation to be released.. Pls tell me if there's any other way I can check the outcome of my application pls.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi there ,

I have spoken to ATO this morning and yes my application is finalised and approved verbally over the phone.

However because it is a system generated reporting, I will get the confirmation letter message from ATO in about 2-5 business in my MyGov Inbox.

I will just have to wait for that letter to arrive in my Inbox then apply to my superfund to release the money.

I hope this information is helpful to others and can maybe answer there questions or query.

I just hope that ATO will put in there website of exactly the process of getting the letter of outcome of the application.

Thank you

Regards

Ario-meh 😊
4 REPLIES
Highlighted

MVF
Devotee

Replies 3

Hi @ario_meh

The ATO should send a message to your myGov inbox with the outcome of your request for early release. 

As it is not in your myGov inbox and there is no information about the finalised message you received on the ATO website so I suggest you give the ATO a call first thing Monday morning from 8:00am on 13 10 20.

Initiate

Replies 1

Thank you for your response!

My question though is Application status -Finalised - what's that mean? Is it either Approved or Rejected?
If my application is rejected , would the status actually says Rejected or Not Approved?

Yes I will contact ATO tomorrow Monday. I did checked my super annuation website and see if I got any recent activity of letter or inbox or any correspondence or statement lately but I can't see any.

MVF
Devotee

Replies 0

@ario_meh

Can't find any information about what it means and no point speculating thats why I refered you to the ATO.

You can also contact your Super Provider to see if they have received any notificaiton because according to an ATO Super Fund Alert the ATO will automatically also notify your super fund at the same time that you are notified of a decision. 

Please note, you will still need to give your fund a letter of approval from the ATO.

Best answer

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi there ,

I have spoken to ATO this morning and yes my application is finalised and approved verbally over the phone.

However because it is a system generated reporting, I will get the confirmation letter message from ATO in about 2-5 business in my MyGov Inbox.

I will just have to wait for that letter to arrive in my Inbox then apply to my superfund to release the money.

I hope this information is helpful to others and can maybe answer there questions or query.

I just hope that ATO will put in there website of exactly the process of getting the letter of outcome of the application.

Thank you

Regards

Ario-meh 😊
Top Solution Authors