Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Early release super corona virus

Views 597

Replies 3

Hey guys

I applied to have money taken out of two of my supers to add up to 10k I went off the amount I thought I had left showing up on the my gov ato website and have even approved for both amounts but logged into my super only to realise I rolled all of my supers into one and the one I wanted to withdraw from has no funds I received $180 from that old fund and still waiting for the main one my question is if their wasn’t the amount you wanted in the super you applied to take it out of will it roll over to the next super account with money in it and transfer the funds from their ? Or have I messed up the application process thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @MiszJuanita

If you have made a mistake with your early release of super application you will need to contact us to see if we can correct it.

All the best!

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @MiszJuanita

If you have made a mistake with your early release of super application you will need to contact us to see if we can correct it.

All the best!

Replies 0

Thanks for your reply

So will they then fix it and redirect it to my new super the funds are in ? If I don’t want to withdraw from the funds would I just leave it ? Or will it still come up I had withdrawn from my super ? Thanks kind regards

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @MiszJuanita 

The amount can be changed by the ATO if you have made a genuine mistake .. 

The ATO have the ability to revoke and amend an early release of super application if a genuine mistake has been made, and they outline their procedure here Early Release - Revocationprocess

Its always best to get hold of the ATO before they make a determination but even if the ATO have already made a determination and  funds have been released, the ATO can still assist you! 

if you phone the ATO and they say they can not do anything or they do not know what your on about then lodge a formal complaint which will escalte the issue to a higher level ATO officer that will review the situtation for you and hopefully assist.  Just make sure you mention what the ATO say they can on their website!!

ATO complaints can be contacted 8am–6pm, Monday to Friday (local time), except national public holidays

Pls do let us what the outcome is because there are many in the same situation as yours!!

All the best with this !!