Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Re: From Ato hold account to closing super account

Views 313

Replies 1

Hi, I recived Mail from ATO.

And they said they are holding my super, so I applied transition from ATO to super account. 
but I realized, My super account was closing. 
so I wanna fix, but already finish processing. I checked online ATO( total amount of super), I can't see anymore.

at this time, how can I fix it?

do I have to contact bank or ATO?

or money will be back to ATO super

hold? Smiley Sad 

thanks for reading! 
have a good night.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @spellbiscuit,

If you transferred your super to an account that is in the process of closing, the super fund might open a new account for you, or they might send the money back to us.

You should contact them to confirm what their process is when this situation happens, as it will vary depending on the time they process the transfer and on which fund you're with.

If the funds are sent back to us, you can do another transfer to your new super fund account (once it's reported to us and you can see it on your myGov account).

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @spellbiscuit,

If you transferred your super to an account that is in the process of closing, the super fund might open a new account for you, or they might send the money back to us.

You should contact them to confirm what their process is when this situation happens, as it will vary depending on the time they process the transfer and on which fund you're with.

If the funds are sent back to us, you can do another transfer to your new super fund account (once it's reported to us and you can see it on your myGov account).