Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Fund details did not appear

Highlighted

Views 1637

Replies 2

Dear ATO community,

I am an Australian permanent resident since 2017 and has been working as a full time officer since Oct 2018. However, my Super details (on ATO - MyGov) did not appear and show that:

"You have been identified as a former temporary resident. For more information on how to claim your super refer to Departing Australia superannuation payment essentials."

Please advise how to update my status and view my Super details.

Thank you so much and have a nice day.

Quin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi @Quin_Ng

Thanks for your question.

As you are now on a permanent resident visa (congrats), you can ignore the 'Departing Australia Superannuation Payment' message as it's likely no longer relevant to you.

The ATO online super balance isn't a 'live view': You mentioned that you’ve been working full time since October 2018 - Super funds generally report account information to the ATO around October each year, which then displays on ATO Online. It sounds like there wasn’t any super account information for your fund to report for the previous financial year.

When your super fund reports next (around October 2019), the ATO-Online balance via myGov will likely update and be visible to you. 

To keep a track of your super in the meantime, contact your fund directly/check your online balance with them directly.

Some employers will pay super weekly, fortnightly or monthly. From the legislative viewpoint, super should be paid to eligible employees every quarter at a minimum. If you believe you're eligible for super and discover that no super has been paid, contact your employer to discuss asap, then refer here.

Hope this helps.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi @Quin_Ng

Thanks for your question.

As you are now on a permanent resident visa (congrats), you can ignore the 'Departing Australia Superannuation Payment' message as it's likely no longer relevant to you.

The ATO online super balance isn't a 'live view': You mentioned that you’ve been working full time since October 2018 - Super funds generally report account information to the ATO around October each year, which then displays on ATO Online. It sounds like there wasn’t any super account information for your fund to report for the previous financial year.

When your super fund reports next (around October 2019), the ATO-Online balance via myGov will likely update and be visible to you. 

To keep a track of your super in the meantime, contact your fund directly/check your online balance with them directly.

Some employers will pay super weekly, fortnightly or monthly. From the legislative viewpoint, super should be paid to eligible employees every quarter at a minimum. If you believe you're eligible for super and discover that no super has been paid, contact your employer to discuss asap, then refer here.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted

Replies 0

Hi Miccles,

Thank you very much for your answer. I will contact with my employer

Hope you have a nice day.

Quin