Announcements
What's the right super fund for you? Although super may not be on the top of your list now, keeping track of your super can help maximise your savings for when you retire. Try out the new YourSuper comparison tool and choose a super fund that meets your needs. Still got questions about super? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: I am trying to add files to support an objection, zip files are accepted, but i get the same ...

Views 253

Replies 8

I am trying to add files to support an objection, zip files are acceptible according to the website (which im trying to add), and to the  people at the ATO I have spoken to. However, i keep getting the same error message "The attachment service is currently unavailable. Try again later." the files are definately under the size limit.

This has been happening for about three weeks, the people at the ATO have said it is an issue on their side, is this correct?

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 4

Hi @BrendonWilson 

We have been advised that there are no known issues with the business portal but it might help if you clear the browser cookies and cache.

Another option would be to use the new system that we are replacing the business portal with Online services for business(OSB) which is a more contemporary system. There is some great information in the Small business newsroom regarding the OSB that you might find interesting.

8 REPLIES 8

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hiya @BrendonWilson,

Could you please provide a little bit more information around what is happening? Are you attempting to attach files via one of our online portals?

Replies 1

Yes, via the online ato portal

Go to  ato.gov.au

Login as a business, which takes me to https://onlineservices.ato.gov.au/business/

Click on reports and forms

https://onlineservices.ato.gov.au/Business/LodgeForms

Click on the submit further information for a lodged objection.

It takes you to the online form

https://onlineservices.ato.gov.au/Business/OnlineForms#FurtherInformation/FurtherInformation

then put details in (name , ref number, etc etc)

try and upload the files

Name of 1st file and size

Bellows project.zip 5,515KB

Then upon trying to upload, I get the following error message.

“The attachment service is currently unavailable. Try again later.”

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Thanks @BrendonWilson  for the additinal information we will look into it for you.

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 4

Hi @BrendonWilson 

We have been advised that there are no known issues with the business portal but it might help if you clear the browser cookies and cache.

Another option would be to use the new system that we are replacing the business portal with Online services for business(OSB) which is a more contemporary system. There is some great information in the Small business newsroom regarding the OSB that you might find interesting.

Replies 3

do you mean 

It takes you to the online form

https://onlineservices.ato.gov.au/Business/OnlineForms#FurtherInformation/FurtherInformation

because that was what i was trying to do above?

Replies 2

I need an alternative way of getting the ATO this information.  Please can you advise the online services is what I have bene using and it does not work.

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hello @BrendonWilson

Rather than submitting the information as a .zip file, have you tried submitting the information in a different format? The secure mail function should accept any of the formats listed on our website.

The only other options would be to submit the information via fax or post.

Replies 0

Hi Tony,

The issue I have is the zip file (which is an accepted format) is made up of a large number of smaller files. The Online service only allows six seperate files. Hence the original need to zip up the multiple files into one large zip file.

kind regards