Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

I need an advisor/solicitor to withdraw superannuation payment from Unisuper or ATO

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 86

Replies 1

Can someone recommend advisory/attorney/solicitor services in Australia to process a superannuation payment after leaving Australia?  Although I was an Australian Permanent Resident between 2006 and 2009 Unisuper is not allowing me to withdraw my super funds claiming that my permanent visa has expired and I need to claim payment from ATO. However, ATO only processes payment for people who have been Temprorary Residents.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @rpizarro,

Thank you for your post. If an individual has left Australia and their permanent resident (PR) visa ceased to be in effect (for example it has been cancelled or expired), and the individual has previously held a temporary resident (TR) visa which has also ceased to be in effect, then the individual would be eligible to claim their benefits as a DASP - provided all other eligibility criteria are met.

If Unisuper advised you to apply through ATO and you originally held a Temporary resident visa and both your PR and TR are now cancelled, you can use DASP to access your super.

If you have never held a temporary resident visa you would need to meet another condition of release.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jodie2.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @rpizarro,

Thank you for your post. If an individual has left Australia and their permanent resident (PR) visa ceased to be in effect (for example it has been cancelled or expired), and the individual has previously held a temporary resident (TR) visa which has also ceased to be in effect, then the individual would be eligible to claim their benefits as a DASP - provided all other eligibility criteria are met.

If Unisuper advised you to apply through ATO and you originally held a Temporary resident visa and both your PR and TR are now cancelled, you can use DASP to access your super.

If you have never held a temporary resident visa you would need to meet another condition of release.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jodie2.