Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

My employer sent the wrong payment information to my superfund

Enthusiast

Views 604

Replies 2

I have been working 12hr shifts for over 10 years or more this was my normal shift,they submitted to my super i was earning 62 thousand,which was a lie I was on close to 100 thousand a year there what do I do who do I report this to,I had asked my super company they told me that's what my employer sent to them i was earing this sort of money 10 years or so ago can someone help with this please
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @Angeleyes560,

Thanks you for your question.

When employers work out how much super guarantee (SG) to pay, they need to calculate it at 9.5% of their employee's ordinary time earnings (OTE). You can find out more about SG and how much to pay on our website.

OTE is usually the amount an employee is paid for their ordinary hours of work and also includes things like commissions, shift loadings and some allowances, but not overtime. We have a checklist that you can look at that will help you identify the common payments that are OTE as well as those that aren't.

If you don't think your employer has paid your super correctly, please follow the step by step unpaid super guide to work out your entitlement and the estimated super amount. If you have confirmed that your super hasn't been paid in full then you can report this to us and we can investigate the issue for you.

Hope you found this helpful.

2 REPLIES 2

Champion

Replies 0

advise employees of your employer nominated fund, also known as your default fund. Where employees do not nominate their choice, or until they do, pay their super guarantee into your default fund. give the employee's tax file number (TFN) to their super fund within 14 days of receiving their TFN declaration form.

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @Angeleyes560,

Thanks you for your question.

When employers work out how much super guarantee (SG) to pay, they need to calculate it at 9.5% of their employee's ordinary time earnings (OTE). You can find out more about SG and how much to pay on our website.

OTE is usually the amount an employee is paid for their ordinary hours of work and also includes things like commissions, shift loadings and some allowances, but not overtime. We have a checklist that you can look at that will help you identify the common payments that are OTE as well as those that aren't.

If you don't think your employer has paid your super correctly, please follow the step by step unpaid super guide to work out your entitlement and the estimated super amount. If you have confirmed that your super hasn't been paid in full then you can report this to us and we can investigate the issue for you.

Hope you found this helpful.