Announcements
There have been some changes to the JobKeeper employee eligibility rules starting from 3 August 2020. Visit our website for more information or ask a question.

ATO Community

Not a temporary Resident

Highlighted

Views 876

Replies 2

The ATO is holding some super in my name but says I am a temporary resident. I have always been a permanent resident. I have just retired and want to claim this money. How do I go about it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @KathyDavies,

Welcome to our Community!

If the ATO has held super on your behalf, you can make a claim to have the super withdrawn when you meet certain conditions. You can make a claim by using our ATO Online services or complete a paper form.

However, if your residency status is showing as incorrect, this will need to be updated before you make a claim for your held super. You can update your residency status by lodging a tax return or you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator. Have your TFN with you when you call so the operator can ask you some identity questions to access your account.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @KathyDavies,

Welcome to our Community!

If the ATO has held super on your behalf, you can make a claim to have the super withdrawn when you meet certain conditions. You can make a claim by using our ATO Online services or complete a paper form.

However, if your residency status is showing as incorrect, this will need to be updated before you make a claim for your held super. You can update your residency status by lodging a tax return or you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator. Have your TFN with you when you call so the operator can ask you some identity questions to access your account.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Replies 0

Thanks very much fro your advice....Called and sorted it all out , very good service