Announcements
If you haven't been able to get your JobKeeper enrolment in, no need to worry. You can call us until 5 June and we can help you get it submitted.

ATO Community

Re: Returning to work

Highlighted

Views 181

Replies 1

Iam 63 and retired and claimed my full amount of super, am I able to return to part time work.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi Rangadad

Yes you can return to work.

The question is what happened when you claimed your super benefit. If you left employment before you turned 60 you would have had to confirm to the fund trustee that you had no intention to ever work again on a full or a part time basis. If this was your intention at the time then it's all good. The law is about the person's intention at the time of applying for the super payment, not about what happens afterwards.

If you left employment after you'd turned 60 then you wouldn't have had to say anything about your future work intentions. Even if you'd intended to return to work a week later the trustee would have been ok to pay the super benefit to you.

I'm an ATO employee voluntarily providing my time here

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi Rangadad

Yes you can return to work.

The question is what happened when you claimed your super benefit. If you left employment before you turned 60 you would have had to confirm to the fund trustee that you had no intention to ever work again on a full or a part time basis. If this was your intention at the time then it's all good. The law is about the person's intention at the time of applying for the super payment, not about what happens afterwards.

If you left employment after you'd turned 60 then you wouldn't have had to say anything about your future work intentions. Even if you'd intended to return to work a week later the trustee would have been ok to pay the super benefit to you.

I'm an ATO employee voluntarily providing my time here