Announcements
If you haven't been able to get your JobKeeper enrolment in, no need to worry. You can call us until 5 June and we can help you get it submitted.

ATO Community

Re: Second job

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 293

Replies 2

Hi I found a job last June (first job) and another one in July (second job) . I already have a declaration about it, however since July (when I got a new job-2nd) I didn’t have a shift from my fist job till now. I am only working in my second job. Is it possible for me to change my second job into first job?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Taxicorn

Replies 0

If you are talking about claiming the tax-free threshold from your second job then yes you can ask for a PAYG variation form and tick the tax-free threshold box in that one.

Just be careful about the first job if you start getting lots of shifts...

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Best answer

Taxicorn

Replies 0

If you are talking about claiming the tax-free threshold from your second job then yes you can ask for a PAYG variation form and tick the tax-free threshold box in that one.

Just be careful about the first job if you start getting lots of shifts...

Highlighted

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @khimgat8,

Welcome to our Community.

As @macfanboy advised if you want to change the information you previously provided on your TFN declaration (e.g. claiming the tax free threshold) you can complete a withholding declaration and provide this to your employer/s.

You can normally only claim the tax-free threshold from one payer unless you are certain you will earn less than the threshold, $18,200.

I hope this helps, SueO