Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Re: Super Co-Contribution

Highlighted

Enthusiast

Views 271

Replies 4

I am a low ncome earner and understand if I making a personal contribution to my superannuation fund, the goverment may be a co-contribution to the maximum of $500 based on the eligibility criteria .

My Question is with respect to :  Other income:

Do you have any other income that you were paid in the 2019-20 income year:

• Interest, dividends, royalties, rent and other non-business investment income (note: if you are the sole owner of the investment enter gross income. If you are a joint owner of the investment enter only your share of the net income from each investment – do not include any net losses.)
  • Net capital gains

Question:

Is the other income an amount actually paid into my bank account (eg bank interest)?

Dividends  - Is this inclusive of dividends reinvested into my managed investment fund.

Hopefully my question makes sense.  Essentially, I am trying to make a personal contribution of $1,000 and receive the gov-co contribution of $500. My employment income is approx $15K but taxable income is dependant on income reinvested into my managed fund.

Thanks

Hopefully that makes sense!.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Taxicorn

Replies 3

@Jonty 

It will include all the income that you would record on your tax return.

Dividends paid as extra shares also count.

Highlighted

Enthusiast

Replies 2

Thank you - I thought that may have been the case.

I am assuming as a best guess - I can take last years taxable income and use that as a basis in determing the co-contributing amount which I believe is tappered after $38,564 to a max of $53,564.00?

Highlighted
Highlighted

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Thank you