This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• 69 Online
  • 9187 Members
  • 14616 Posts

Re: Super co-contribution

Views 44

Replies 2

I've tried getting an answer via ATO pages and staff to this question. This financial year I will make under $1000 from employment, and my only other income will be bank interest. I co-contribute less than $1000 p.a. into my super fund, but my employer does not. There is a 10% rule for income which does not include interest. Am I still eligible for the low income Govt contribution please?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi Chevy

Based on what you've said you'll satisfy the 'at least 10% of your income must come from employment related activities' test.

Here's a link to ato.gov.au information about co-contributions eligibility.

Contributions from your employer have no impact on co-contributions. If personal contributions are reported to the ATO by a super fund and you aren't claiming / haven't claimed a deduction for them in your income tax return the ATO's systems will determine a co-contribution entitlement and pay it to your super account.

I'm an ATO employee voluntarily providing my time here

2 REPLIES
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi Chevy

Based on what you've said you'll satisfy the 'at least 10% of your income must come from employment related activities' test.

Here's a link to ato.gov.au information about co-contributions eligibility.

Contributions from your employer have no impact on co-contributions. If personal contributions are reported to the ATO by a super fund and you aren't claiming / haven't claimed a deduction for them in your income tax return the ATO's systems will determine a co-contribution entitlement and pay it to your super account.

I'm an ATO employee voluntarily providing my time here

Replies 0

Thank you very much for your response, as this will save me money. Unfortunately I felt a staff member at ATO call centre was givng me the incorrect information as I was told I would not receive anything if my employer was not contributing! I am grateful you are provding your time.

Top Solution Authors