ATO Community

Re: Super entitlements

Ask a question

Views 134

Replies 2

Hi,
I was recently reading a copy of my enterprises bargaining agreement and in it it says that I get paid 9.5% on my OTE. Does my OTE include the 2 hours travel travel I get each day or not?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @Darranb

Welcome to our Community.

@macfanboy is correct. Whether the payment is considered ordinary time earnings (OTE) ultimately depends on how your award, agreement or contract describes the payment.

OTE is usually the amount that you earn for your ordinary hours of work. It includes things like commissions, shift loadings and allowances, but not overtime payments.

If you are being paid for your travel time, how is it being paid? Is it part of your wage? Is it being paid as an allowance? If it is an allowance, is it being paid as an expense allowance that is expected to be fully expended? The answers to these questions will help you work it out.

You can check out the checklist: salary or wages and ordinary time earnings page on our website for further guidance on the various payments that are considered OTE. There is a section there specifically for allowances.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Taxicorn

Replies 0

You would have to check your bargaining enterprise for the answer to that question.

I would suspect it would not.

Best answer

ATO Certified

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @Darranb

Welcome to our Community.

@macfanboy is correct. Whether the payment is considered ordinary time earnings (OTE) ultimately depends on how your award, agreement or contract describes the payment.

OTE is usually the amount that you earn for your ordinary hours of work. It includes things like commissions, shift loadings and allowances, but not overtime payments.

If you are being paid for your travel time, how is it being paid? Is it part of your wage? Is it being paid as an allowance? If it is an allowance, is it being paid as an expense allowance that is expected to be fully expended? The answers to these questions will help you work it out.

You can check out the checklist: salary or wages and ordinary time earnings page on our website for further guidance on the various payments that are considered OTE. There is a section there specifically for allowances.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

Top Solution Authors