Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Super withdraw

Views 1099

Replies 3

Does anyone know that if you get a response saying your claim has been rejected if you apply for your super? I havent had any messages and my outcome still says in pending, im a little confused as everyone i know got a message within a few days and i havent had any contact at all in regards to confirmation or not that my application was succsessful or not. my sister applied for her return 3 weeks ago , she got the message of confirmation but is still waiting on the money to come through. so i m just seeing if this has happened to anyone ele aswell or know i f i should just wait longer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Azizzy 

Once you've applied, it takes us four business days to process your application. You should receive an SMS advising if  your application as been approved. You should expect payment from your super fund within five business days. This may take longer if your fund needs to contact you to clarify information.

I would advise you and your sister check with your superannuation funds to see if they have received your applications. If not it is best to contact the ATO super line on 131020 to look at the status of your application.

I hope this is of assistance

regards

ClareN 

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Azizzy 

Once you've applied, it takes us four business days to process your application. You should receive an SMS advising if  your application as been approved. You should expect payment from your super fund within five business days. This may take longer if your fund needs to contact you to clarify information.

I would advise you and your sister check with your superannuation funds to see if they have received your applications. If not it is best to contact the ATO super line on 131020 to look at the status of your application.

I hope this is of assistance

regards

ClareN 

Replies 1

I applied nearly 2 and a half weeks ago, and my application still says pending and i havent received any notice to see if it was approved or not, so your saying my next move be contact the ato?
My sister has contacted her super and she is aware that it may have to do with the super. but with my case i assumed that all applications would be responded to with either yes or no,because on the website it says it wouldve gotten back to me within the 4 days. but i havent had any responses.

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Azizzy,

Thank you for your reply. I can appreciate your frustration. Please check with your Super fund directly. Alternately you can contact us as ClareN advised in the previous response. There may be a reason for the delay. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jodie2.