This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• 66 Online
  • 10170 Members
  • 15088 Posts

Re: Super

I'm new

Views 36

Replies 1

Why can't the ato find my super

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Bec1

There could be many answers to this question. I'd suggest you phone the ATO super team on 13 10 20 with your TFN and discuss this in more detail. General reasons why super can't be found by the ATO might include;

- Some employees aren't entitled to super payments.

- Some people were paid super (or similar retirement-oriented payments) under a old workplace EA before super gaurantee was formally legislated by the federal gov in the early 90's. Sometimes those old accounts were paid out or leaving the job, or accounts may have diminished to nil with fees and charges over time if not managed by the account holder.

- Some people were paid super into an account (or multiple super accounts) which they did not keep track of, and may have diminished/closed over time due to fund fees and charges.

- There are a small number of people who were paid super into an account under a different name or identifier, and/or the fund did not have thier TFN (these can sometimes still be found by the ATO, however it can be difficult, and again they can also reduce to nil balance over time with fund fees and charges).

- Some people see super on thier payslip and assume the employer is paying it, when they aren't, and there's actually no super account to find. The ATO can investigate this for you if this has occured.

There's probably more examples, but as I said it's best to phone up and look at your situation and account in more detail as this forum can only speculate on a question posed as above.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the super search.

1 REPLY
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Bec1

There could be many answers to this question. I'd suggest you phone the ATO super team on 13 10 20 with your TFN and discuss this in more detail. General reasons why super can't be found by the ATO might include;

- Some employees aren't entitled to super payments.

- Some people were paid super (or similar retirement-oriented payments) under a old workplace EA before super gaurantee was formally legislated by the federal gov in the early 90's. Sometimes those old accounts were paid out or leaving the job, or accounts may have diminished to nil with fees and charges over time if not managed by the account holder.

- Some people were paid super into an account (or multiple super accounts) which they did not keep track of, and may have diminished/closed over time due to fund fees and charges.

- There are a small number of people who were paid super into an account under a different name or identifier, and/or the fund did not have thier TFN (these can sometimes still be found by the ATO, however it can be difficult, and again they can also reduce to nil balance over time with fund fees and charges).

- Some people see super on thier payslip and assume the employer is paying it, when they aren't, and there's actually no super account to find. The ATO can investigate this for you if this has occured.

There's probably more examples, but as I said it's best to phone up and look at your situation and account in more detail as this forum can only speculate on a question posed as above.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the super search.

Top Solution Authors