• 136 Online
  • 23309 Members
  • 27288 Posts

ATO Community

Re: super co contribution

Ask a question

Views 41

Replies 3

Hi, I am unemployed and aged in my 50's but I buy and sell shares on the stock market from home, but I'm not registered as a company etc, just an individual,and I make a profit of say $30000 of which ive had to pay tax on. If I contribute $1000 to my super account will i receive the co contribution ? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Taxicorn

Replies 0

I did the same, normally they arrive in November but this year I got mine in September.

If you haven't received it by end of November you should still ring the ATO and enquire on 13 28 61.

3 REPLIES 3

Taxicorn

Replies 2

Are you Share trading or share investing?

As a Share trader, you are seen to be carrying on a business and would qualify.

https://www.ato.gov.au/General/Capital-gains-tax/Shares,-units-and-similar-investments/Shareholding-...

Replies 1

Hi macfanboy, thankyou, yes definitely sharetrading. Lodged and payed tax bill in July but haven't received the co contribution as yet so just had doubts whether I qualified. I now assume it takes a while, super fund said direct enquiry to ATO so hence joining the community.

Thanks for you help much appreciated.

Highlighted

Best answer

Taxicorn

Replies 0

I did the same, normally they arrive in November but this year I got mine in September.

If you haven't received it by end of November you should still ring the ATO and enquire on 13 28 61.

Top Solution Authors