ATO Community

Re: superannuation founds

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 456

Replies 1

How can I get my Superannuation founds being an australian permanent resident, even if I left the country for good last year and the money I have saved has gone?

What can I do? Is that possible?

thank you

TIA

Tais Zanforlin Mariano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Anonymous

Replies 0

Hi @tatatazm

If your an Australian citizen or permanent resident and have left Australia permanently, your super remains subject to the same rules as if you remained in Australia and this means you cannot access your super until you reach preservation age and retire, or satisfy another condition of release.

Under special circumstances you may be able to have early access to at  least part of your super benefits before you reach preservation age, and these other conditions of release are:

ATO super hotline 13 10 20

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

Anonymous

Replies 0

Hi @tatatazm

If your an Australian citizen or permanent resident and have left Australia permanently, your super remains subject to the same rules as if you remained in Australia and this means you cannot access your super until you reach preservation age and retire, or satisfy another condition of release.

Under special circumstances you may be able to have early access to at  least part of your super benefits before you reach preservation age, and these other conditions of release are:

ATO super hotline 13 10 20