• 27270 Posts

ATO Community

superannuation

Ask a question
Highlighted

I'm new

Views 126

Replies 1

Hi there my husband is about to apply through compassionate grounds a early release payment of his superannuation for major dental work I’m needing. I have been in chronic pain and the costs are way to expensive. Our dentists is currently writing a dental plan and the conditions I have. 

My question is it hard  to apply for early release if I suffer chronic pain and how long does it take as we are about to start the process. 

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @chelly2810

Thanks for your question.

Sorry to hear about your dental issues. Your husband can apply for compassionate release of his super, to pay for your medical treatment, where it is to alleviate chronic pain.

The quickest way to apply is through ATO online which your husband can access via my.gov.au

Generally applications made this way take up to 14 days. We do have a paper form that you can request which may take 28 days to process.

We have a great page about  accessing super on compassionate grounds which also explains the documentary evidence that you'll need to provide.

Hope everything goes well for you.

Thanks,

Kylie S

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @chelly2810

Thanks for your question.

Sorry to hear about your dental issues. Your husband can apply for compassionate release of his super, to pay for your medical treatment, where it is to alleviate chronic pain.

The quickest way to apply is through ATO online which your husband can access via my.gov.au

Generally applications made this way take up to 14 days. We do have a paper form that you can request which may take 28 days to process.

We have a great page about  accessing super on compassionate grounds which also explains the documentary evidence that you'll need to provide.

Hope everything goes well for you.

Thanks,

Kylie S

Top Solution Authors