Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

unpaid super

Highlighted

Views 322

Replies 1

I reported my ex=employer for unpaid super. The ATO investigated and I received 2 payments recently as super guarantee payments. They have since stopped and I am still owed many thousands of dollars. I have received no letter from ATO about what the payments were but assume they are part payments from my ex-employer. My employer has recently been evicted from their building but have not ceased trading. What can I now do about this? I am concerned that my employer will be liquidated and don't know what my options are?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @jlpower

Thanks for your post.

If we haven't advised you that your unpaid super enquiry has been closed, it sounds like the debt collection process is still ongoing. While we try to collect unpaid super as quickly as possible, some cases take longer than others.

For more information about our process when investigating your enquiry, have a look at our website.

Depending on how recently we forwarded your employer's late super payments to your super fund, we may not have formally advised you yet. We deliberately delay issuing a payment confirmation letter to provide your fund time to process it. You should receive something from us soon.

If your former employer goes into liquidation, depending on the circumstances we may still be able to retrieve your unpaid super. We will also formally let you know if that happens.

There are also other ways to claim your unpaid super that you can explore. Our website explains that further.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @jlpower

Thanks for your post.

If we haven't advised you that your unpaid super enquiry has been closed, it sounds like the debt collection process is still ongoing. While we try to collect unpaid super as quickly as possible, some cases take longer than others.

For more information about our process when investigating your enquiry, have a look at our website.

Depending on how recently we forwarded your employer's late super payments to your super fund, we may not have formally advised you yet. We deliberately delay issuing a payment confirmation letter to provide your fund time to process it. You should receive something from us soon.

If your former employer goes into liquidation, depending on the circumstances we may still be able to retrieve your unpaid super. We will also formally let you know if that happens.

There are also other ways to claim your unpaid super that you can explore. Our website explains that further.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR