• 88 Online
  • 12181 Members
  • 16231 Posts

Balancing account and processing

Ask a question

This conversation has been closed. Please start a new thread.

Views 766

Replies 4

Hello!
My return had been sitting at ‘balancing account’ for a few days then all of a sudden has gone back to processing. Is this normal?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Tash123456,

Welcome to our Community!

There are many checks that need to be conducted when processing a tax return, so the status of your return may change along the way. You can check out our Tax Time 2018: Where’s my tax return? Explaining timeframes, ‘processed’ and ‘effective’ dates and b... guide for more information about timeframes and what each status means.

We aim to process electronic lodgments within 10 business days, so if you lodged longer than 10 business days ago, you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator. Have your TFN with you when call so the operator can ask you some identity questions to access your account.

Thanks, JodieH.

4 REPLIES

Devotee

Replies 3

Yes just be patient

Replies 2

That is rude. Asking a simple question is not being impatient. 

Devotee

Replies 0

Sorry I never meant to be rude at all.

I was merely pointing out that sometimes it takes a little longer.

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Tash123456,

Welcome to our Community!

There are many checks that need to be conducted when processing a tax return, so the status of your return may change along the way. You can check out our Tax Time 2018: Where’s my tax return? Explaining timeframes, ‘processed’ and ‘effective’ dates and b... guide for more information about timeframes and what each status means.

We aim to process electronic lodgments within 10 business days, so if you lodged longer than 10 business days ago, you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator. Have your TFN with you when call so the operator can ask you some identity questions to access your account.

Thanks, JodieH.

Top Solution Authors