This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• 97 Online
  • 9186 Members
  • 14615 Posts

Re: Changing Bank Details for Tax Return

Views 30

Replies 2

Hi

I have recently logged a tax return and the ATO website has the status as 'Issued' on 03/12/2018. I changed the bank details at the end of the working day (UK times) on 03/12/2018 due my australian account being closed. When i click on my financial profile it says it is already in progress so any changes wont affect the tax return. It gives the telephone number of 132861 to call to cancel and send the money elsewhere however, the number provided doesn't work in the UK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Jaymi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @jaymibonner,

Welcome to our Community!

We can provide you with general information here on our Community and we can't guarantee it's safe to share personal information in an online forum, so we can't access your account to check the details of your refund.

Refunds can only be paid via EFT to an active Australian bank account. If we don't have details on file for an active Australian bank account, we will issue the refund via cheque.

If you wish to speak with an operator regarding your refund, you can phone or Skype us on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm (AEST), Monday to Friday and let the operator know you are calling from overseas to request a call back. 

Thanks, JodieH.

2 REPLIES
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

Normally if the ATO has any issues depositing a refund into a bank account tey will send you out a cheque to the address listed when lodged.

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @jaymibonner,

Welcome to our Community!

We can provide you with general information here on our Community and we can't guarantee it's safe to share personal information in an online forum, so we can't access your account to check the details of your refund.

Refunds can only be paid via EFT to an active Australian bank account. If we don't have details on file for an active Australian bank account, we will issue the refund via cheque.

If you wish to speak with an operator regarding your refund, you can phone or Skype us on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm (AEST), Monday to Friday and let the operator know you are calling from overseas to request a call back. 

Thanks, JodieH.

Top Solution Authors