This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• 103 Online
  • 9186 Members
  • 14615 Posts

Re: FHSS transfer of money to my account has been delayed

Views 136

Replies 9

Hi to the ato community. I hope someone would be able to give me guidance into my situation. On the 6th Nov i have received an email from ato stating that the funds has been released to my nominated account however, 3 weeks after the money is still not in my account. I have raised my concern to ato by calling their helpdesk but no one is able to give me definitive answer on what went wrong and what will be the fix to release my money. They just give standard answer that it is being taken care off. Is there anyone here who is in the same situation? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

MVF
Devotee

Replies 8

Hi @LADL

A number of others have had similar issues to yourself.

All I can suggest to you in order to get this moving a bit faster is to lodge a formal complaint, and the better way to do it IMO is to lodge one over the phone, and just make sure they give you a reference number when its lodged.

When you lodge your complaint, it will be assigned to an ATO Resolver whom will be in touch within 3 business days.

To lodge your complaint:

• access the Complaints form
  • phone 1800 199 010 8am–6pm, Monday to Friday (local time), except national public holidays
  • phone the National Relay Service on 13 36 77 (if you have a hearing, speech or communication impairment)
  • fax 1800 060 063
  • write to

Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 1271
ALBURY  NSW  2640

9 REPLIES

Best answer

ATO Certified

MVF
Devotee

Replies 8

Hi @LADL

A number of others have had similar issues to yourself.

All I can suggest to you in order to get this moving a bit faster is to lodge a formal complaint, and the better way to do it IMO is to lodge one over the phone, and just make sure they give you a reference number when its lodged.

When you lodge your complaint, it will be assigned to an ATO Resolver whom will be in touch within 3 business days.

To lodge your complaint:

• access the Complaints form
  • phone 1800 199 010 8am–6pm, Monday to Friday (local time), except national public holidays
  • phone the National Relay Service on 13 36 77 (if you have a hearing, speech or communication impairment)
  • fax 1800 060 063
  • write to

Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 1271
ALBURY  NSW  2640

Replies 7

thanks @MVF i have already lodged a formal complaint on the 13th Nov. At the moment still waiting, would you know if others got their issue fixed after lodging formal complaint.

MVF
Devotee

Replies 5

Hi @LADL

I don't as no-one has actually posted the result of lodging a complaint, and all I can assume is that the matter was somehow resolved .... 

If they have not given you any valid reasons or explanations for the delay, then you need to get onto the ATO resolver or whomever is looking into your complaint as this type of delay is not acceptable  ... maybe you need to ask to speak to the Director of the Area that is dealing with your application, this usually gets their attention. 

Only other suggestion is to get hold of the ATO resolutions officer to find out if you can escalte the issue via other means, for example maybe you can use the ATO In-house facilitation process for this issue (Im not sure if this process is available for your type of issues) .... 

Good Luck !!

Replies 0

Hi @LADL,

Thanks for posting.

When you lodge a complaint, you’ll be assigned a complaints resolver. They’re your advocate through the complaints process and we aim to resolve your complaint in 15 days working days.

If you have any questions or concerns as to the progress of your complaint and its resolution, you should contact your complaints resolver.  You can phone us on 1800 199 010 and your call will be directed to the officer handling your complaint.

Thanks, NicM.

Replies 4

Thanks @MVF, i will try your suggestion. The case officer just telling me that there is a System issue and it has been escalated to Product team but she could not give ETA on when the issue will be fixed. This after nearly 3 weeks since filing the complaint.

MVF
Devotee

Replies 3

Hi @LADL

This is totally unacceptable from a taxpayers perspective.... sometimes even a so called " resolver " can't do much and thats why other avenues should be pursued and speaking with the Director of an area usually gets a bit more attention, especially when its an ATO issue that is holding up payment ..

You should also seek the payment of interest on the amount that is to be released to you, for the time period it has been held up ...

Keep us posted, as I would really like to know how the ATO eventually resolves your issue and how long it takes ...

Replies 2

@MVF i'll definitely keep everyone posted. It seem that my case is a rare one. However, what frustrates me more is even after reporting several time about my situation and apparently being reported to "Product" team i still cant get at least an ETA on when my case will be resolved. I even asked would it be possible to just release my money manually instead of waiting for the "system problem" to get fixed. The lady even told me that my case might not be resolved in 15days which is very annoying to hear. Regarding the interest pay that you suggested im not sure how i can ask for compensation? Is it through the compaint hotline number as well?

Highlighted

MVF
Devotee

Replies 1

@LADL

The ATO pays interest automatically under certain circumstances, for example if there is a delay in issueing a refund. However, Im not sure how it applies to delayed payment of FHSS, so please do raise this with the resolver... 

Replies 0

Hello to all reading this thread. Finally after doing escalation the money has been credited to my account. Thanks to @MVF for his assistance. In regards about the interest, i am not qualified as they said it is only applicable for delay of 60days. However, i can request for compensation as advised.
Top Solution Authors