• 80 Online
  • 12181 Members
  • 16231 Posts

Re: Hecs rebate

Ask a question

This conversation has been closed. Please start a new thread.

Views 1102

Replies 5

Hello, I received my tax refund today. Just wondering how long before my hecs rebate will be paid? It's listed as a credit in my online account, but doesn't indicate anything else. TIA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Cathy,

@Coffee_unspilt has provided you some useful information.

As we can't access your account to see what is happening, so you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator. Have your TFN or notice of assessment with you when you call so the operator can ask you some security question and access your account. The operator will be able to discuss the process of the HECS-HELP benefit and see your HECS balance to determine what has occurred.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES

Devotee

Replies 4

Hi Cathy         

When you say HECS rebate I believe you are meanig your HECS-HELP benifit application which is for study fields of.

• Early Childhood Education
  • Maths or Science
  • Nursing or Midwifery, and
  • Education.

If you have already submitted your application and it has been received the ATO will proces it as soon as possible but we are currently experiencing high volumes of applications so there is not alot of information we can provide right now.

But thank you very much for your paitence with us.

Please note this is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

Replies 3

Yes, that is what I meant. I lodged the application in July. Under 'loans' it says it's processed date is Sept 22nd. I just want to confirm that it will be paid to me & not credited off my help loan?? My loan now has a balance of under $3000...

Replies 2

Also to confirm it's a separate payment to my tax refund??
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

In short Yes, sort of.

the information you seek is on this website

https://www.ato.gov.au/forms/hecs-help-benefit---overview/?anchor=applicationprocess#applicationproc...

If successful and your tax return is already processed we'll amend it, and if there is a credit we'll refund it to you.

Please note this is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Cathy,

@Coffee_unspilt has provided you some useful information.

As we can't access your account to see what is happening, so you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator. Have your TFN or notice of assessment with you when you call so the operator can ask you some security question and access your account. The operator will be able to discuss the process of the HECS-HELP benefit and see your HECS balance to determine what has occurred.

Thanks.

Top Solution Authors