Announcements
On 21 July the government announced proposed changes to the JobKeeper program. These changes don’t affect Jobkeeper payments until after 28 September 2020.

ATO Community

CGT rental property

Highlighted

Views 653

Replies 1

Property purchased  2001                687,500 

rented till         2008      valuation     780,000

2008    lived in for 6 months changed all my address bills voting to start 6 year rule on this property

rented the property for 5 years 10 months  moved in again for 3 months changed all my address bills voting to start 6 year rule on this property

selling property now 2018    for 1,300,000.

i only own this property     i do not own  other property   I have not owned another property since 2008 

Could you please tell me  what   CGT I will be paying 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @jippso,

Welcome to our Community!

We can provide you with general information here on our Community, however we'd need a more detailed timeline of the ownership of your property to be able to work out your capital gain.

If you'd like a more tailored response relating to your specific circumstances you can contact our Early engagement team by submitting a request for or requesting a call back and someone will contact you to discuss your situation in more detail.

Thanks, JodieH.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @jippso,

Welcome to our Community!

We can provide you with general information here on our Community, however we'd need a more detailed timeline of the ownership of your property to be able to work out your capital gain.

If you'd like a more tailored response relating to your specific circumstances you can contact our Early engagement team by submitting a request for or requesting a call back and someone will contact you to discuss your situation in more detail.

Thanks, JodieH.