Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Re: Can I use the FHSSS for an investment property if I live there for the first 12 months?

Initiate

Views 257

Replies 1

I have salary sacrificed $15, 000 and intend to use it to contribute to purchasing my first property. Do I qualify to use the FHSSS as a means to pruchase this property for investment purposes if I intend to live in the property for the first 12 months after its purchase? I have struggled to find answers online for this. Would it be necessary for me to take out an owner-occupier home loan for the first 12 months before changing to an investment loan later on? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @camsook

We've got a previous thread that should answer your first question. Have a read through and see if that helps you out. 

As for your second question, you may need to discuss this further with the loan provider to see if this would void any loan requirements. 

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions. 

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @camsook

We've got a previous thread that should answer your first question. Have a read through and see if that helps you out. 

As for your second question, you may need to discuss this further with the loan provider to see if this would void any loan requirements. 

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.