Announcements
COVID-19 update: Check out our answers to common questions about JobKeeper payment and early release of super.

ATO Community

Single Touch Payroll

Highlighted

Views 311

Replies 1

I am currently trying to set up the ATO's single touch payroll through MYOB software for the coming financial year 19/20.  My question is; as an employer do I send through the last years payment summaries and emdupe file to the ATO the previous way or the STP way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Rosiepie,

Thanks for your question!

Generally speaking, payment summaries are required to be issued for all payments made outside of STP. If you have transitioned to STP partway through a financial year, then your lodgement obligations will depend on how you have reported your first pay event. If you have not yet started STP reporting, or have only started in the current financial year, then you will need to lodge a payment summary for the last financial year.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Rosiepie,

Thanks for your question!

Generally speaking, payment summaries are required to be issued for all payments made outside of STP. If you have transitioned to STP partway through a financial year, then your lodgement obligations will depend on how you have reported your first pay event. If you have not yet started STP reporting, or have only started in the current financial year, then you will need to lodge a payment summary for the last financial year.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.