Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

551 overdue yet date for payment is later

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 282

Replies 2

Hello,
I’m looking to understand a situation.
I lodged my tax return and got an assessment for amount x to be paid at an upcoming, later date.
Then today I casually checked my account and while that assessment is still there, I now have an unexplained home screen that says I’m overdue and there’s an extra amount to be paid on top of my initial assessment. There is no explanation to be found anywhere. What’s this about? I’m totally torn about it especially because I pay an advisor and I feel stressed out about being overdue and having more to pay than anticipated. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Yeevesh 

All correspondence/notices from your linked services go directly to your Mygov inbox. Usually you would receive an email notification to the email address you used to set up your account up when there is a new message in your Mygov inbox.

If there is a need to access your records then you will need to contact us

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Ari

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 1

So I had just missed a notification and had an extra repayment to make 🙈
The issue is the notification and explanation only appears on my.gov and never on ato. The Original assessment doesn’t get updated or amended. I think this could be improved.

Leaving this here for others who might be in this situation in future
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Yeevesh 

All correspondence/notices from your linked services go directly to your Mygov inbox. Usually you would receive an email notification to the email address you used to set up your account up when there is a new message in your Mygov inbox.

If there is a need to access your records then you will need to contact us

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Ari