Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

ATO income tax estimator

Views 751

Replies 3

I have used the ATO income tax estimator to determine my tax refund, the exact same figures in the estimator give a completely different refund amount than what the estimated refund is when I lodge. The refund when actually lodging is far lower. I have checked both to make sure the figures and deductions are identical. I do not have a hecs or Centrelink debt. Any ideas on why the discrepency? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Check the medicare amounts between your lodgement and the estimator. Sometimes an error there can cause an issue.
3 REPLIES 3

Master

Replies 0

It's hard to say what has happened but at the end of the day the right amount will be calculated as your result. Once your notice of assessment gets issued you can check it.

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Check the medicare amounts between your lodgement and the estimator. Sometimes an error there can cause an issue.

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Lecasta 

The ATO have a disclaimer on their estimator for a reason, because its just an estimate...

You can always try a different tax calculator which are freely available online!!

All the BESt & Stay SafE