Announcements
COVID-19 update: Check out our answers to common questions about JobKeeper payment and early release of super.

ATO Community

Allowances on Payment Summary

Highlighted

Views 718

Replies 1

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could please advise how I treat Travel allowances on a Payment Summary.  I have 3 different types of travel allowances as a client pays their employee $1 per km travelled and a few also travel over 5,000km in a year.  Do I show these 3 types of allowances separately on the Payment Summary?

Thank you.

LisaM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @LisaM,

Welcome to Community! If your client uses paper Individual non-business payment summaries for their employees, and they've paid more than two allowance types, print 'VARIOUS' and show the sum of the allowances paid in the Total allowances field. You can then attach a note to the employee's payment summary showing the nature and amount of each allowance. We have a guide on completing individual non-business payment summaries which you might find useful!

Hope that helps.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @LisaM,

Welcome to Community! If your client uses paper Individual non-business payment summaries for their employees, and they've paid more than two allowance types, print 'VARIOUS' and show the sum of the allowances paid in the Total allowances field. You can then attach a note to the employee's payment summary showing the nature and amount of each allowance. We have a guide on completing individual non-business payment summaries which you might find useful!

Hope that helps.