Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Amendment still processing 4 months on!!!!

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 453

Replies 1

Hi I have amended 3 returns on the 8 August and over 105 days later they are still reading as

In progress - balancing account &

In progress- processing

Please can you tell me why it’s taken 4 months??? Seriously 😐

Cheers
Synjon Fraser
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @SynjonFraser88 

Online amendments are generally processed within four weeks, but they can be delayed if you've submitted multiple amendments.

A status of 'balancing account' is usually a positive sign that it's nearing the final stages, but you should continue to monitor the progress of your returns online.

Once it updates to 'issued' or you see an 'EFT refund' transaction in your income tax account, this usually means it's all done.

NicolaC

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @SynjonFraser88 

Online amendments are generally processed within four weeks, but they can be delayed if you've submitted multiple amendments.

A status of 'balancing account' is usually a positive sign that it's nearing the final stages, but you should continue to monitor the progress of your returns online.

Once it updates to 'issued' or you see an 'EFT refund' transaction in your income tax account, this usually means it's all done.

NicolaC