Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Australian Incentive Program

I'm new

Views 692

Replies 1

Hi

I just received a call, not from a government body, mentioned that there is an Australian Incentive Program for home owners under the age of 45 years contribution towards super. They are offering information only, but have asked quite a few details from myself - value of home, gross income, postcode, etc. 

Is this legit?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Taxicorn

Replies 0

@nadirah 

I would be highly sceptical of anybody ringing me up and offering financial aid.

They would have to be making money from you to be worthwhile.

Whatever the 'scheme' is you probably could do it yourself for free.

A common way that these people get to you is by doing a PAYG withholding variation to reduce the amount of tax withheld if you know exactly how much refund you will be getting back, instead of receiving the refund when you lodge a tax return, ay less tax and get no refund.

Many people will try and offload useless real estate and dazzle you with figures of how much better off you will be.

If they ring back ask directly the name of the scheme so you can look it up, if it is legit you will be able to 'google' it.

Never give out personal information to 'strangers' who call you or turn up at your door...

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Taxicorn

Replies 0

@nadirah 

I would be highly sceptical of anybody ringing me up and offering financial aid.

They would have to be making money from you to be worthwhile.

Whatever the 'scheme' is you probably could do it yourself for free.

A common way that these people get to you is by doing a PAYG withholding variation to reduce the amount of tax withheld if you know exactly how much refund you will be getting back, instead of receiving the refund when you lodge a tax return, ay less tax and get no refund.

Many people will try and offload useless real estate and dazzle you with figures of how much better off you will be.

If they ring back ask directly the name of the scheme so you can look it up, if it is legit you will be able to 'google' it.

Never give out personal information to 'strangers' who call you or turn up at your door...