Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

CFD trading under company structure

Views 779

Replies 5

Hi

I am thinking about setting up a CFD trading account under company structure.

I understand it will be on revenue account but my question is: Is the profit made taxed at 30% or 27.5%? Or it is considered like PSI entity and all profits must be paid out and taxed at individual level?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @cfdtrading19 ,

We looked into this one for you and it is more complex then we first thought. Please contact our early engagement team and they will be able to assit you further.

5 REPLIES 5

Devotee

Replies 1

Hey! There is a thread on CFD trading already which might help answer you question

https://community.ato.gov.au/t5/Personal-tax-questions/CFD-taxation-on-gains-and-losses/td-p/4458

Replies 0

Hi 

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately the thread you refered did not talk about company structuring for CFD trading though.

Community Moderator

Replies 1

HI @cfdtrading19 

We will do some researach on this one for you.

Replies 0

Thanks, Kylie. 

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @cfdtrading19 ,

We looked into this one for you and it is more complex then we first thought. Please contact our early engagement team and they will be able to assit you further.