Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Can I claim the lawyers cost in my tax when regards to fair work?

I'm new

Views 684

Replies 2

Fair work Unfair Dismissal, lawyer was needed.
Can I claim the one-time cost paid to the lawyers in my tax this year? &/Or can I claim the travel cost to the lawyers? As it is related to work?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jessiiiccaa,

Welcome to the Community!

This questions is really tricky and tends to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. What you need to do is contact our early engagement team and they will help you resolve this.

Hope this helps!

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jessiiiccaa,

Welcome to the Community!

This questions is really tricky and tends to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. What you need to do is contact our early engagement team and they will help you resolve this.

Hope this helps!

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jessiiiccaa,

Thank you for your post. As @NiamhATO has advised you can write in to our early engagement team. There has also been a similar question posted on our forum, you can view our response here.  

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jodie2.