ATO Community

Re: Capital gains tax schedule won't let me save

Views 2645

Replies 2

Hi,

I entered all my captial gains and losses for the tax year using the CGT record keeping tool. It has poplulated the "Total current year capital gains" and "Net capital gain".

I then enter the values in the "Capital gains tax schedule" but when I add the CGT discount value I get the error "Total CGT discount applied cannot be greater than total current year capital gains less total capital losses applied multiplied by CGT discount percentage amount"

This makes it impossible for me to submit the return.

This makes it impossible to enter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MD2017,

It's great to hear you've worked it out! If you have further issues completing your tax return in myTax you can request a live web chat with an ATO officer. This will allow us to share screens with you can we can provide assistance in real time.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Replies 1

Worked it out myself. The ATO tool does not list the discount values for each share transacton after you enter it, so I had to workout the CGT discount total seperatly in excel.

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MD2017,

It's great to hear you've worked it out! If you have further issues completing your tax return in myTax you can request a live web chat with an ATO officer. This will allow us to share screens with you can we can provide assistance in real time.

Thanks.